Tuesday 19 April 2011

Mrs Claire Kirschen, former ambassador of Belgium in China posted a message

When I started my term as Ambassador of Belgium to the P.R. of China in 1993, one of my first visitors was Kurt de Raedemaeker who, at the time, was working for one of our big Belgian companies. He then decided to establish his own business and I was upset to hear that he had been cheated by his Chinese associate who could have been reputed to be fully reliable . So, when I heard that he was dealing in Chinese antiques, I was one of those who strongly advised him to accept one of the other jobs offered to him. Unfortunately, he did not listen and I was appalled to hear what happened to him. I saw him during my recent stays in Beijing and can only confirm that he was very weak and depressed. His present punishment amounts to a slow death sentence which does not seem to be proportionate to what he may have done. I can only hope that the verdict concerning his case will be fully implemented and he may soon be expelled.
Claire Kirschen
Former Ambassador of Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment